Premier Search Solutions, Powered by ReachLocal
Date: May 08, 2017
Search seems so simple, doesn’t it? Make a website and you show up whenever someone is looking for your products or services. And while that is the intent, search is much, much more complicated than it might seem.
In order to show up in search, you need to develop your site’s findability – meaning search engines need to be able to find you and understand who you are and what you do. This is where search engine optimization or SEO is critical. SEO is an intricate recipe of creating original content, webpages on your website, and structuring it so that you show up in natural search results.
While SEO might seem like an overwhelming and thankless task, it is among the most cost-effective ways for delivering ongoing organic traffic to your website. It keeps you top-of-mind when customers are looking for you and it helps you to stay competitive. Press-Citizen Media has teamed up with ReachLocal, a recognized global leader in digital marketing, to deliver premier search marketing solutions. Check out ReachLocal’s five reasons you really need SEO, and five more reasons you really need SEO.
A challenge with SEO is that it is like a marathon: you need to keep going over time in order for it to be worthwhile. To kickstart your efforts, PPC is advantageous in driving traffic to your website. This is how you add fuel to your search fire and drive customers to your page – businesses have seen more than a 50% incremental lift in clicks when combining SEO with PPC.
How do you set up your search advertising for success?
- First identify top local search terms – you can do this through Google Adwords.
- Next write targeted search ad copy – your ads should be an honest reflection of what you offer. Stuffing keywords into your ads will only work to hurt you if they are not relevent.
- Geo-target your ads – if you draw the majority of your customers from a tri-county area, there is no reason to advertise outside of it. Search gives you the power to control where your ads are seen.
- Don’t forget to include ad extensions ... you want to make it as easy as possible for customers to call you or find your location on a map quickly.
- Optimize for mobile searchers ... remember, mobile is everything. And search engines are optimizing their content and prioritizing sites that are more mobile-friendly.
Learn more about how you can optimize your PPC efforts with ReachLocal’s blog post Mastering PPC: 6 Questions to Answer to Help You Optimize Your PPC Campaign. You can also download ReachLocal’s “Essential Guide to Local Search Advertising” for a deeper dive into search.
After you’ve covered your bases with search, you can start to think about how you build meaningful relationships with your customers. And social media is the perfect place to do so. We’ll tackle that next week.
If you’d like to learn more about search marketing or the ReachLocal and Press-Citizen Media relationship, connect with us here. We’re ready to put our team of marketing experts to work for you.